Q: Door hinges lubricated properly

asked by on August 17, 2016

I can’t get my exposed door hinges lubricated properly. It doesn’t matter how much liquid wrench WD 40 I put on them. The hinges still don’t get oiled enough. Do you have any suggestions or help?

Hello. I would suggest that you try using white lithium grease. This is the best way to lubricate door hinges, but it may leave a white film on the hinges. Although this may be a bit unappealing, it may be the best option for keeping the hinges lubricated. If you need assistance with the lubrication of your door hinges contact a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic.