Q: Rattling noise from engine bay when acceleration pedal is pressed to keep RPM constant 2010 Honda Fit

When driving my 2010 Honda Fit Sport AT, the car will start to rattle when I let off the acceleration pedal and hold it at a point where RPMs are kept constant. The noise appears to be coming from the engine bay, possibly the engine itself. The noise is not as pronounce or present at all when accelerating or decelerating, just when enough to hold RPMs. The amount of RPMs does not seem to matter. Can occur at 2,000 or 4,000, for example. Noise is present when in park and just revving the engine up a bit and then holding RPMs.

Hello. Most of the time this is caused by the timing chain making noise in the engine. I will usually check the oil and replace it with the right oil and filter to see if it helps. A poor quality filter or the wrong oil can cause this. If the oil is fine then the timing chain itself may be failing or it may be a tensioner issue. If the chain seems fine then the noise may be coming from the exhaust if there is a loose heat shield. If you want some assistance with this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose where the rattling is coming from] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/loud-squealing-or-rattling-is-coming-from-engine-inspection

3. Rattling noise from engine bay when acceleration pedal is pressed to keep RPM constant 2010 Honda Fit