Q: Have code P0174, did smoke test smoke comes out EGR valve. Does that mean it's bad? 2004 Ford Ranger

I have code 174 did smoke test smoke comes out of top of EGR valve when cold engine does this mean it's bad

Hi there - smoke coming out of the EGR valve simply means the valve is either leaking, or stuck in the "open" position. The P0174 code indicates a "lean" condition too much air/not enough fuel on the bank of cylinders that does not contain cylinder 1 (Bank 2). A leaking or open EGR valve could cause this problem, as would any other air leak into the intake system. For further diagnosis, I recommend a rough idle inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Have code P0174, did smoke test smoke comes out EGR valve. Does that mean it's bad? 2004 Ford Ranger