Q: Where is the camshaft position sensor located on a 2005 Saturn ion 2.2l?

The check engine light came on so I took it to a shop test. The code was PO340 I believe. I bought the new sensor but need to find out where it's located on my 2005 Saturn Ion 2.2L, dohc. Is it in the box on the driver side of cam cover at the top of the engine?

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. This engin...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. This engine does not have a camshaft sensor, but uses the ignition module to detect when cylinder number 1 and 3 are at top dead center using the coils internal circuits. You may need an ignition module.