Q: Intermittent starting problem on my 2008 Chrysler 300C Hemi.

Once in a while, when I turn the key in the ignition, the car does not start. There is no clicking sound. I take the key out, insert it back, and the car starts right away without hesitation. This issue has developed recently. The battery is new. What could be the problem? Failing starter? Thanks for your help.

Hi There, What you are describing sounds like potentially a faulty starter relay or a bad ignition switch. The starter relay directs power from the battery to the starter solenoid which then engages the starter when you turn the key. When this is not working properly, you may notice intermittent starting problems including no response when turning the key to start. Generally, when this does fail, it does so very randomly and usually without warning other than intermittent starting. The power from the battery will still power other accessories such as radio, horn, etc., but you may not have any power to the starter. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and replace your starter relay.