Q: Oil in coolant or rusty coolant?

asked by on May 11, 2017

Car sat for a while and wasn't driven much since 2005. Coolant flush done a year ago and the coolant looks dirty. Car does not overheat and does not lose any coolant. I'm curious if it could still be a head gasket issue or a still dirty cooling system. Possibly a flush not done properly. Also still has the plastic intake manifold on it. No visible cracks or leaks.

Cooling System Flush $178.82 - $215.42 Get a Quote

Hi there. Typically when you see a copper like color in the coolant, it’s a sign of rust coming from the inner radiator. Having a professional mobile mechanic complete a good radiator flush should clean the system, however, if the inner of the radiator is rusting or oxidizing, it will need to be replaced sooner rather than later.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr