Q: Oil in coolant or rusty coolant?

asked by on May 11, 2017

Car sat for a while and wasn't driven much since 2005. Coolant flush done a year ago and the coolant looks dirty. Car does not overheat and does not lose any coolant. I'm curious if it could still be a head gasket issue or a still dirty cooling system. Possibly a flush not done properly. Also still has the plastic intake manifold on it. No visible cracks or leaks.

Hi there. Typically when you see a copper like color in the coolant, it’s a sign of rust coming from the inner radiator. Having a professional mobile mechanic complete a good radiator flush should clean the system, however, if the inner of the radiator is rusting or oxidizing, it will need to be replaced sooner rather than later.