Q: Im not sure if its the tie rods that are bad or if its the cv axle... it doesnt click or anything

It has alot of slack when you go to turn and it doesnt click but it lets you know if your turning to much.. andd when i got to break i think my tire is going to come flying off

A: Typically, if you feel "slack" in...

Typically, if you feel "slack" in the steering, the rack and pinion (or other "steering gear") unit is worn but the tie rod ends (inner and/or outer) could be implicated as well. Vibration or shuddering on application of the brakes is sometimes due to warped brake rotors and/or loose suspension parts. In your circumstance, your best bet is to have the front end thoroughly inspected, which would involve a visual examination of suspension components and a test drive to observe the symptoms in evidence. Once the inspection and diagnostic are complete, the mechanic can give you repair options to consider in order to get the car into reasonable, functional and safe condition so that it is reliable for you. If you desire to schedule a front end diagnostic, please follow up with YourMechanic. Should you have additional concerns or questions, please let us know that as well.