Q: How does the SecuriLock® system work?

How does the SecuriLock® system work?

A: Your car is equipped with a Vehicle Immobil...

Your car is equipped with a Vehicle Immobilizer system called SecuriLock®. It’s designed to prevent your car from being started with anything other than one of the keys programmed for the ignition and computer. Of course, there are a few things you should know about the system. Here’s a quick rundown:

• The anti-theft icon in the dash should blink periodically when the system is armed.

• If the ignition is turned to ON, the indicator will light up and then go out.

• If the system detects a problem, the light will flash quickly, or turn on and not go out. If this happens, have your car inspected.

• The system will automatically arm when you turn the ignition off.

• When the system is armed, the light should blink once every two seconds. This is to provide a visible deterrent to would-be thieves.

• The SecuriLock® system does not prevent thieves from breaking into your car, only from starting the engine.

• The system is disarmed when you turn the ignition to ON with a programmed key.