Q: Battery Light and Brake Light Wont Go Off

asked by on December 31, 2016

Car wouldn't crank, had battery changed, now car cranks but needle goes from side to side, and brake light and battery light still on

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. Newer vehicles keep power supply to the ABS system at all times. If the supply of power is interrupted or there is an issue with the power supply the ABS warning light will illuminate. With a new battery installed, you will want to check the battery cables. Make sure there is no corrosion build up, and that the connections are clean, dry, and tight. Also double check the battery’s ground connection. It too needs to be tight and clean. The power supply to the fuse box and some of the main wiring harness sections may need to be inspected as well. Further testing is needed. Contact our service department for further diagnostic help.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr