Q: I have a flat tire and the jack point is rusted.

I started jacking up my car to change a tire and noticed the jack point had rust falling off of it, as I kept going the car started creaking and I felt like the jack was going to go through the frame. What should I do to get this flat changed?

Hi. If you look about six inches to a foot behind the jack point, the body of the car is there and is safe enough to use as a jack point for the car. The car jack may not fit under the car enough to get to that point of the. You may need to use a floor jack or use the car jack at a point were it can get underneath the car. The frame of car should hold the car up just find and not cause any damages to the car. If you’re unable to do this yourself, have one of our certified technicians at YourMechanic come help you change your tire.