crank no start - 2001 ford escort - 2.0l auto SOHC. Ignit...

Q: crank no start - 2001 ford escort - 2.0l auto SOHC. Ignition wires will shock you, spark plug have gas on them

asked by on October 03, 2017

crank no start - 2001 ford escort - 2.0l auto SOHC. Ignition wires will shock you, spark plug have gas on them and i've redone the timing maybe 10 times. I've replaced the battery, fuel filter, fuel pump, timing belt, spark plugs, ignition wires, and ignition coil. Bought this about a year ago to fix up for my little sister and I could get it to start after I replaced timing belt the first time but it ran rough and after about a week wouldn't start anymore. We filled the tank with 91 octane before it quit working and since then I've just redone the timing a few times then realized the 4th ignition wire had a weak spark so I replaced the ignition coil and its good now but still wont start. Please help I really want to fix this car, partially for my sister but also for the sanctity of my mind I can't quit thinking about what it could be lol

If you are getting spark and plugs are getting wet with fuel then you need to check engine compression in the engine. I have seen where the valve seats come loose and will cause the valve to stick in the open position and cause no compression. You can then do a cylinder pressure test to identify which one has stuck open intake or exhaust valves. If compression is even between cylinders and above 120 psi then you should have the computer checked to see if you are getting camshaft sensor output. This would cause the spark to happen at the wrong time and not start or start and have no power. If you need assistance in diagnosis then contact a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to help you out.