Q: Engine won't crank to start.

Key hung up in ignition switch. Finally found key switch release button and got key out. tried another key still won't start. At home in garage.....luckily......suspect park brake release solenoid but don't know how to trouble shoot or dis assemble center console to get to it.

Even if the shift interlock solenoid is faulty, as long as the gearshift is in the Park position, you should still be able to start the car. Once the engine is running, you just won’t be able to shift into drive without pressing the interlock override button. There is a related (i.e., wired into the same circuit) switch, the neutral start safety switch, which if it fails, will cause a no start condition. Before checking for complex causes, though, you can check the battery with a voltmeter to see if it reads 12.6 volts, that is fully charged. If the battery is weak or dead, that would explain your no-start problem. If the battery appears to be fully charged, if you desire, YourMechanic can dispatch a certified mechanic to diagnose your no-start condition and provide a repair, all on a mobile basis right to your door,