Q: Car wont start - 2009 Hyundai Sonata

Two days back the car was sluggish when turning the ignition on but would start. This morning it just makes a clicking sound when turning the ignition on. What could be the possible reason?

Thanks

Ajit

A: Hey there. The battery and starter are key ...

Hey there. The battery and starter are key components to starting the vehicle. If the battery is weak, it can cause a slow or sluggish cranking if it is not providing enough power to the starter. Also, the starter can cause a sluggish cranking if it has gone bad. It can draw too much power. The "clicking" can be due to a failed battery or starter. If the vehicle starts with a jump-start, you may simply have a failed battery. If a jump-start or replacement battery does not correct the issue, then I would have a certified technician diagnose the no-start so that this can be resolved appropriately.