Q: Car wont start - 2009 Hyundai Sonata

Two days back the car was sluggish when turning the ignition on but would start. This morning it just makes a clicking sound when turning the ignition on. What could be the possible reason?

Thanks

Ajit

Hey there. The battery and starter are key components to starting the vehicle. If the battery is weak, it can cause a slow or sluggish cranking if it is not providing enough power to the starter. Also, the starter can cause a sluggish cranking if it has gone bad. It can draw too much power. The "clicking" can be due to a failed battery or starter. If the vehicle starts with a jump-start, you may simply have a failed battery. If a jump-start or replacement battery does not correct the issue, then I would have a certified technician diagnose the no-start so that this can be resolved appropriately.