Q: Connections are different on the new alternator.

asked by on December 16, 2016

My old alternator has four wires connections terminal, N F AND E in a plug. And B for battery individually.

The new terminator has L S AND IG IN A plug and B individually.

What is the correct match? N gose for which F gose for which and e ?

Please advise.

Hi there. The wiring should be the same. If the plug is the same where it hooks into the alternator, then the wiring is the same. Newer alternators have different symbols for the connections. Now, if the connections are completely different, then the alternator is not the same for that vehicle. It may be for a newer model. Look at the design and make sure that bolt holes are the same and make sure that the pulley shaft is the same. If you need further assistance with replacing your alternator, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.