Q: Have to jump start it everytime i want to use i, has slowly been getting worse. i have had the battery checked.

my car was sat in the driveway for a few months, ive started driving it again, it didnt like starting when i needed it so i took it to halfords to test the battery, they said it was fine but needed to be driven everyday. ive been doing that, however the car now needs to be jump started everytime before use, whereas before it only needed jump starting 50% of the time. is this because the battery is dying or the alternator is dying? or could it be that the connection on the battery is a little too loose?

If after the battery is jump started and the charging system light is not on then you should not only have the battery full charged and then load tested to see if it can take a load for 15 seconds and not just do a voltage test. The battery will need to be good and have a full charge to test the alternator to make sure it is charging the battery and keeping it charged. You most likely need to replace the battery and clean battery clamps.

3. Have to jump start it everytime i want to use i, has slowly been getting worse. i have had the battery checked.