Q: check engine light will not go off

hi i have a 97 civic with a d16y8 vtec motor , failed inspection because of the 02 sensors and cat ,i have replace both o2 sensors and cat since and the light will not go off and can't be cleared . my mechanic told me to replace the edu and engine wire harness does that sound right?

I would try to clear the code first by disconnecting the battery. Make sure you have the radio reset code. Leave the battery disconnected for at least 10 minutes. Reconnect the battery and enter radio code. The Check Engine Light should be off. If it comes back on that may mean you have another problem or the computer is bad. Have a diagnosis of the Check Engine code and a pinpoint test done completely before any moving forward with any other part replacements.

3. check engine light will not go off