Q: Car started shaking. Cleaned carb and air filter. Now it starts, runs, dies, or starts and dies.

first my car started shaking then we clean the carburetor and put a new air filter in it and now it starts runs for a few minutes dies then it'll start and then die and then you wait a few hours and it will start run a few minutes and die

A: Hello. The stalling issues you are having m...

Hello. The stalling issues you are having may by caused by a variety of issues. Typically these symptoms can be blamed on fuel, spark, or air. Fuel and spark being the most common systems to fail. Starting with the air filter and cleaning the carburetor were good steps to start. You need to take a better look at the spark system. The spark wires can be tested to make sure the plugs are receiving the voltage that they need to be. You can also test the fuel system by spraying some starter fluid into the air intake. If this helps the engine start and run better than before, then you know you have a fuel delivery issue. This may include the fuel pump, fuel filter, injectors, or a clogged fuel line. The shaking is due to the improper combustion happening in the engine. This will be corrected when the engine is running properly. More testing is the only way to know definitively what the issue is.