Q: Why would my car have trouble getting to 60 mph and then it died. Now it makes a knocking noise 1999 Toyota Camry

My 99 Camry got up to 60 mph on interstate the rpm went really high had to ease off on gas then it would accelerate it cut off had to restart it then it made a knocking noise kept dying. Oil was good transmission fluid a little low

Hello. There are a lot of things that can cause this. If vehicle was having trouble getting to that speed then it may be a transmission issue or it can be something like a catalytic converter that is failing. If the engine is revving high when this occurred then it may have been due to the transmission slipping which would mean that it is failing. If the engine just seemed under powered then it may be caused by a failing converter or an issue within the engine. Now that it has a knocking noise that also makes me think that there may be a serious engine or transmission failure. If you are going to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the engine is knocking now] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-making-a-noise-inspection

3. Why would my car have trouble getting to 60 mph and then it died. Now it makes a knocking noise 1999 Toyota Camry