Q: Truck won't go into gear

My truck starts fine, but the gears won't work.

Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement $153.16 - $485.68 Get a Quote
Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement $138.49 - $488.88 Get a Quote

Hello. I am assuming that your truck has an automatic transmission. The first thing to check would be the transmission fluid level. If it’s low, top it off with the proper fluid to the proper level on the dipstick. If the level is good and there’s still no transmission engagement, you’re probably going to have to get it towed to a shop for diagnosis and repair. If the truck has a manual transmission and you’re unable to get it into gear, you could have a failure in the hydraulic clutch system. If the clutch master cylinder or slave cylinder has failed, they will both need to be replaced in pairs for proper operation. You may need the aid of a mechanic for diagnosis and repair as needed.