Q: Window will only open, but not close

My car is having problems with one of the power windows. The motor has been replaced after it burned out and after the replacement the window will only open (go down). All the fuses are fine and the switch is also, plus I had switched it with another window and it worked there. The switch worked on the other window, just not this one. Thus, I have decided that it must be an electrical issue with either the connectors that go to the motor or the switch or the wires themselves. I want to do this repair myself. Could you tell me what I need to do to finish this job?

A: Hello there, thank you for asking about you...

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2003 Chrysler Intrepid. The power window motor is just a reversible DC motor, the direction of which is determined by the window switch. If the switch is OK, my guess is that there is a mechanical problem with the regulator or track. If the wiring to the motor were damaged, it would not run at all because it would be missing either power or ground. I suggest you have a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, remove the door panel to diagnose and repair this power window issue.