Q: Q: Car overheating and not defrosting properly.

My car started having trouble defrosting its windows last night. My car also started overheating and now my floorboard is wet as well.

Hi, I have seen this issue quite often on the PT Cruiser. This is typically caused by a failure in the heater core that is located in the dash. This part carries hot coolant into the interior of the car so that the air can be heated. When it leaks it will cause steam which causes the windows to fog up. This will also cause a low coolant level which results in engine overheating. The dash will need to be disassembled to replace this. The job can be extensive so it is best to enlist the assistance of a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic.

3. Q: Car overheating and not defrosting properly.