Q: White smoke billows out of exhaust pipe

Smoke comes out of the exhaust when I start my car in the mornings or after it has been parked for a while. It is a cloud of white smoke that billows out the exhaust pipe and then it stops. There are no problems with the lights on the dashboard - no warning lights. I recently had the oil changed, but that did not solve the smoke problem. What is your assessment of this and what can be done to fix it?

Hey there. White exhaust smoke is generally indicative of a blown head gasket or other conditions where water or water vapor is getting into the engine. Higher mileage vehicles are especially prone to this potential problem. Have a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your engine to pinpoint the issue.

3. White smoke billows out of exhaust pipe