Q: Error code P0299

Check engine light popped on so I took my car to autozone they hooked it up to diagnostics machine and P0299 showed. Guy told me I'm suppose to be using premium gas but had car for 2 years and never had a problem with using unleaded gas. What do I do next?

A: The code P0299 is for an underboost conditi...

The code P0299 is for an underboost condition, where the computer wanted more boost but only received a low output.

This code can be set from a weak turbo, intake leaks, or a bad boost sensor. All of these components need to be checked to see if everything is okay. The code has nothing to do with using non premium fuel unless your fuel gauge specifically says premium fuel only.

If you’d like to get this fixed, contact a certified mechanic who can accurately diagnose your Check Engine Light. Once the check are performed and the diagnostic is complete, an accurate repair can then be made to get your car running normally again.