Q: Temperature gauge starts cool as usual then rises almost to max where I have to pull over and let cool down

Why is my car doing this it usually gets hot a little over 200!but not as hot as it has been getting today (almost 260)

A: Hi there. Several things could be going on ...

Hi there. Several things could be going on here. The fans may not be working properly, there could be a coolant leak causing low coolant levels, or the temperature sensor for the gauge is inaccurate. Many of the GM 2.8, 3.1, and 3.4 V6 engines were know to have intake manifold leaks. This could be the case with your vehicle, but that does not mean that this is the case. I proper inspection performed by a qualified technician will uncover the fault and determine the cause while avoiding replacing unnecessary parts. I strongly suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car is overheating inspection.