Q: I turn my high beam headlights on and both headlights go out.

I have no high beam headlights. When I switch from the working low beam headlights to high beams, both headlights go out? Is it a bulb issue or the switch?

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Nissan Frontier. The only way to tell if it is the light bulbs or the switch is to check for power to the bulbs when you switch to high beam. Most of the time both bulbs are bad. The connections to the bulbs could be faulty as well. If you’re unable to pinpoint the issue, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose your lights firsthand for an accurate repair.

3. I turn my high beam headlights on and both headlights go out.