Q: Airbags were deployed. All airbags and damage have been replaced. How do I reset the computer? 2017 BMW X3

Car had an accident. Airbags were deployed. All airbags and damage have been replaced. When you try to drive the SUV, the battery relay kicks in and the computer still thinks the car is in the accident. How do I reset the computer, so the car will run normal and stop killing the battery when it's being driven?

Hello - this problem requires a full-function, BMW specific problem scanner and reset tool. This is usually only available at a BMW dealer. I would expect to be charged for an inspection fee as well as the code reset function. This is mandated by BMW corporate to ensure that a vehicle is properly repaired after a collision, and that all systems will work properly in a subsequent crash. This is for your own safety. I would check with your local BMW dealer or BMW service center for this task.

• Airbags were deployed. All airbags and damage have been replaced. How do I reset the computer? 2017 BMW X3