Q: I have a crack on my windshield

My truck is due for another safety check and my question is that, if I have a crack on my windshield about a foot long. ( still the same length for half a year now) passenger side, bottom corner traveling up to passenger view. There no other damages/other cracks just that line on the passenger side. Will I be able to pass Hawaiis safety inspection? It does not have any effect on my driving.

A: Every state will vary as well as the person...

Every state will vary as well as the person performing the inspection. However, in most states, a crack larger than 4 inches will not pass this kind of safety inspection. There are also different types of cracks that have different parameters as well. However, in your case (a straight line crack), the limit is usually about 4 inches.