Q: Transmission in and out of overdrive

My transmission jumps in and out of overdrive had this problem before but stop for almost a year can get bad at times when this happen the cruise control stops working or when the cruise control is on it shuts off when this starts shift out great I'm thinking sensor but not sure or which one or how it can be tested don't want to get into guessing

Hi and thanks for your question. The cruise control is set with the engine speed and transmission gear selection. Check the fuse to the cruise control to see if it is blown. There could be two things going on.

The cruise control switch could be having a crossed wire or short inside it. The other problem is the transmission overdrive solenoid could be getting hot and causing the clutch to slip in and out of overdrive.

I recommend having a certified professional, like one from YourMechanic, help you diagnose your cruise control issue for an accurate repair.