Q: Throttle body changed 3 days ago. Idle relearn performed and still high idle and revving while in park.

asked by on March 18, 2017

Throttle body changed 3 days ago idle relearn performed and still high idle and revving while in park

Hi there. Check the engine for a vacuum leak. Check all vacuum lines, hoses, and the intake for any leaks. Also check the brake booster for any leaks. A vacuum leak will increase the engine’s idle speed while the engine is not loaded. If you need further assistance with your engine revving in neutral and park, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.