Q: Car pulls to the right after tire rotation

asked by on August 03, 2016

One of the tires on the car has been mounted on the rim. It was done at the tire shop but I put it on myself. About 20 days ago, another tire was bad so I had it replaced. Also, I purchased two new tires and had them rotated. The new tires are on the rear end and the previously changed one is in the front now. There are several different brands of tires on my car now. The car ran great until I had the tires rotated. Now, my car pulls to the right and the malfunction indicator light is illuminated. What should I do?

Hello. On your 2002 Mercedes Benz SLK320, all of the tires have to have the same tread design an the same amount of tread. Any variations will cause the computer to not read the sensors correctly which will cause these issues. You need to purchase two more tires that are the same as the new ones, and install the tires to replace the other two tires. If you want to have this looked at before replacing the tires, a local expert from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose your car’s pulling issue.