Q: Car vibrating when accelerating.

My car vibrates when I accelerate fast. The front axle and suspension makes clunky noises, especially when going over speed bumps or rough patches of road. The wheels also move from side-to-side randomly when going over rough areas. I suspect my ball joints, tie rods, or drive shaft is the problem.

From my experience with your type of vehicle, it sounds like you may have some worn control arm bushings. These bushings are made of rubber and are meant to isolate the noise of your suspension from the body of your car. When these bushings get worn out they can cause clunking noises and excess movement of the suspension over bumps and when accelerating. However it is possible for a worn ball joint or other suspension component to cause similar issues as well. I would suggest that you ask for help from a certified mechanic to inspect your suspension for any worn components that are in need of replacement.