Q: Odometer is registering too many miles

My speedometer is dead-on perfect, my tachometer is also perfect, my gas gauge is very accurate and consistent. The problem is the odometer and the trip counter both are spinning up miles way too fast for how fast I'm going or go how many miles I'm actually traveling. Is this a problem with the gauge itself or is there a sensor on the trans that could be faulty? I only see two sensor type things on the trans and only one of them has a gear on it which I assume is exclusive to the speedometer?

Hi there, thanks for writing in. You should first check to see if your tires are the same size as the tire size in the door of the car. If you are using the wrong size tire, then the mileage and speed will be off. If you have the mileage tested on a road with a set distance and see the speed is correct but the mileage is off, then replace the odometer.

3. Odometer is registering too many miles