Q: How do you use the audio controls on the steering wheel?

How do you use the audio controls on the steering wheel?

A: If your car is equipped with audio system c...

If your car is equipped with audio system controls on the steering wheel (not a standard feature on all Civics), they provide you with a convenient way to work with the audio system without having to take your eyes off the road. Here’s how they work:

1. Make sure the ignition is on or the engine is running.

2. Make sure the audio system is on.

3. Use the volume up and down buttons to turn the sound up or down.

4. Use the back and forward buttons to change the station.

5. If you’re listening to a CD, the back and forward buttons will let you skip tracks.

6. Use the source button to cycle through the different functions on the radio (AM/FM/AUX/CD, etc.).

Tip

Note that if you don’t have a CD in the radio, you can’t select CD mode with the steering wheel controls.