Q: My car is running hot...it was smoking from under the hood, after a little bit of cooling, the smoke stopped, but it still smells

My car is running hot...it was smoking from under the hood, after a little bit of cooling, the smoke stopped, but it still smells hot. What could it be?

I believe you have a bad thermostat. Symptoms of a bad thermostat are coolant boiling over and very tight upper radiator hose. The smell is going to be because of the antifreeze on the engine. No worries that will go away after having the car on for a while because it will burn off.

Replace your thermostat and I’m sure your problem will be fix. Consider YourMechanic if you would like to have a technician come to your home to diagnose the issue and replace the thermostat.

3. My car is running hot...it was smoking from under the hood, after a little bit of cooling, the smoke stopped, but it still smells