Can I use Lucas oil stabilizer and Lucas oil stop leak in...

Q: Can I use Lucas oil stabilizer and Lucas oil stop leak in the same oil change

asked by on March 03, 2017

I wanted to know if I can use Lucas oil stabilizer and Lucas oil stop leak in the same oil change

The Owner’’s Manual for your vehicle states on page 5-16: "Do NOT add anything to the oil. The recommended oils with the starburst symbol that meet GM Standard GM6094M are all you need for good performance and engine protection." I care about your wallet and I also care about the reality that the manufacturers of these "additives" are just simply taking advantage of you. There is no benefit to you; take the money you save by not buying these products and put it in the bank or give it to your children as a gift. Please do not waste your money on useless additives, indeed additives that are specifically recommended against by the manufacturer of your vehicle as documented by the above direct quote from your Owner’s Manual. With regard to engine oil leaks, the ONLY recognized, legitimate, professional and effective solution if you have an engine oil leak is to fix the leak. There is no other option. If you desire, a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, can perform an oil leak diagnostic and then let you know of your repair options and costs. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.