Q: I jumped my 2008 Cadillac CTS and now there is not power.

I had to jump start car. While cranking a few times unsuccessful start then the next turn of key I lost all power to car dash lights. Everything off when trying to start and move key back from start position and all power returns. Cleaned all ground and hot connections New battery Turn car back on and lights and dash comes to life all the way into acc on key. Turn from acc to start and lose everything until I return to acc ECM fuse was blown in trunk after the first dead jump Stumped Thinking big purple wire from hood fuse box to starter. Get no power to there when trying to start. Voltmeter hooked up

My car has 210000 km My car has an automatic transmission.

Hello. The first thing I would do is check the fuses. If there is one blown fuse then there may be many more. The only time a fuse will blow is if the jumper cables are installed backwards. If the fuses are fine then it may be a failure in the ignition switch. I have seen a lot of ignition switch failures on this vehicle which will cause these exact issues. I would usually test for power to all of the ignition circuits to see if it is failing. If you are going to have this starting issue checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the car will not start] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-not-starting-inspection

3. I jumped my 2008 Cadillac CTS and now there is not power.