Q: How do you use the four-wheel drive system?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How do you use the four-wheel drive system?

If your car is so equipped (optional), the four-wheel drive system offers intelligent operation and limits the input you need to provide to activate and operate it. If you’ve never driven a vehicle with an intelligent four-wheel drive system, here’s what you need to know:

• The system is always on. You do not have to activate it.

• The system will automatically adjust the power to the front and rear wheels as needed based on driving conditions.

• Your four-wheel drive system is capable of handling wet and dry operation, as well as driving on pavement, gravel and dirt.

Tip

It’s possible that even with four-wheel drive, you may get stuck in mud or snow. You can “rock” the vehicle to get it loose. Shift into forward and press the gas slightly. Shift into reverse and do the same thing. Repeat this process for a short time to get unstuck.