Q: I have a 2001 Saab 93 turbo automatic and it keeps stalling. Once it does, I have to wait about 20-30 mins to restart.

Hi Dan, I have a 2001 Saab 93 turbo automatic and it keeps stalling. Once it does, I have to wait about 20-30 mins to restart, Advance Auto said it was either oxygen or axel sensors that need replaced. Suggestions? The problem is only getting worse.

Hi there. Check the spark plugs and see if they have been replaced. The plugs in your engine are designed to last between 80,000 to 100,000 miles. Replace the spark plugs if they have not been changed. If the symptom continues, then check the idle air control valve (IAC) and see if the harness is connected to it. If the valve is working and not damaged, then check the crankshaft position sensor. Sometime the sensors tend to get hot and not function. Replace the sensor that is not putting out any voltage. If you need further assistance with diagnosing your engine stalling, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. I have a 2001 Saab 93 turbo automatic and it keeps stalling. Once it does, I have to wait about 20-30 mins to restart.