Q: I changed out the camshaft position sensor, the car is still stalling and hard to start. It now shows a different P code.

asked by on October 18, 2016

This is an update to previously asked question. Two nights ago my car started normally, I drove it to an auto parts store, where I purchased and changed my Camshaft Pos Sensor. After I installed it, I turned the key and of course it didn't start. Since I replaced the batt, there were no trouble codes except for P1684, like always. Then a code I'd never seen came up:P0118. This has something to do with the Engine Coolant Temp sensor. Previous code were p0420 and 0432, but Ive been told it takes a while for codes about emission to display. Anyway, it started after 30 min or so. It ran well (no stalls or hard starts) for the rest of the night through to last night at about 8pm. It wouldn't start. An hour later, started right back up. It stalled about 10-15 min up the road but started right back up and made it home. Today starts up, stalls 10 min in. That was about 30 min ago. It'll start in a while Im sure. What is going on here?!