Q: At slow speeds the ABS kicks in when breaking. I'm on dry pavement. Is the speed sensor or hydraulic brake booster pump at fault?

At slow speeds the abs kicks in when breaking . I'm on dry pavement. Is it the Speed sensor or Hydraulic Brake Booster Pump?

Hello. Most of the time this is caused by a wheel speed or a yaw sensor issue. I would start by checking the tires. Make sure that they are all the same. If one of the tires is different than the others then this will occur as it throws off the ABS readings.

If nothing is found then I usually install a computer scan tool and monitor the yaw sensor and the wheel speed sensors. This would tell me what is going on and what needs to be fixed.

If you want to have this ABS system problem checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.

3. At slow speeds the ABS kicks in when breaking. I'm on dry pavement. Is the speed sensor or hydraulic brake booster pump at fault?