Q: Can a over tightened outer tie rod end cause the boot to split an grease to come out??

I had a mechanic put my outer tie rod and on and about six weeks later the boot is split

If the tie rod boot is torn then it was most likely damaged during installation or was hit by something on the road. Either way the joint will need to be replaced again soon or else the joint will quickly run out of lube which will cause it to go bad. It could potentially be hard to prove that it was damaged when installed.

If you’d like to get this fixed, have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, check out your steering system for damage. They’ll be able to sort out the repairs as well. Good luck.

3. Can a over tightened outer tie rod end cause the boot to split an grease to come out??