Q: I have a 1999 saturn. It burns oil fast and has a lot of white smoke from my exhaust. It shakes mainly in idle. What's wrong?

My car shakes. Burns alot of oil. And sometimes has alot of white smoke coming out of it. Mainly when in idle. And eats alot of gas .

Hi there. White smoke coming out of the exhaust is an indication that the cylinder head gasket is burned or the cylinder head is cracked. When coolant is in the combustion chamber, then engine will shake, the oil will burn a lot, the fuel economy will drop as the temperature is colder than normal, and the coolant gets burned. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose the engine head gasket condition.

3. I have a 1999 saturn. It burns oil fast and has a lot of white smoke from my exhaust. It shakes mainly in idle. What's wrong?