Q: I have a 2007 BMW 328XI and noticed that I was experiencing a load grinding noise when reversing and occasionally when turning. I

asked by on April 10, 2017

Noticed my car was making a loud grinding noise when in reverse. I then noticed today that my wheel rear left wheel is bent inwards, most likely causing the noise. Does this need to be fixed right away?

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. Without inspecting the vehicle, there is no way of knowing how badly the vehicle is damaged, nor how extensive the damage is. With that being said, the steering linkage and suspension are both susceptible to damage when any part of the wheel is hit. You must use your judgement, and compare the damage to the other side of the vehicle. Depending on how bad the grinding is, if anything is leaking or bent, and if the steering has been effected, you may want to have it repaired ASAP. Keep in mind the long you wait, the more likely you will cause more expensive repairs. Otherwise, if it is slight damage and only causing minor concern, you may be able to get by with a bad alignment for weeks. For more help with repairing the issue or getting an inspection, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.