Q: ABS warning lights

My car’s gauge cluster started to power down for a few seconds when I would accelerate from about 75 mph to 85 mph. Then they would stay off for about 3 or 4 seconds. Then the Anti-lock Brake System warning light came on. This happened even when I drove 35 mph. My headlights will blink sometimes, too. Do you know how I can fix these problems?

It seems as if your vehicle may be having problems with the voltage in the electrical system. Have the battery terminals inspected for cleanliness and integrity, and then test the battery and charging systems. A failing alternator assembly, can cause some of your symptoms as well as corrosion or a loose or broken battery terminal. If you want to have this taken care of, a professional from YourMechanic can come to your location to diagnose your ABS warning light and help you move forward with the right repairs.

3. ABS warning lights