Q: Battery was replaced. In the morning when crunk to let warm up, after 2 min. It shuts off. When going to restart it takes a minute

asked by on October 06, 2016

. At first start of day it cranks right up, then it just shuts off after about 5 minutes. Then it hardstarts all day./ Yesterday it acted like it was supposed to. Today its back to acting up.

This may be likely related to what is called an idle air control valve/module. This unit regulates the air flow into the motor at idle or low speeds as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this is not functioning properly, this will cause a rough or low idle or sometimes cause the car to stall. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose and fix your low idle problem.