Q: Transmission jumping when shifting

The automatic transmission in my car is jumping when going from first to second gear.

With the engine fully warmed up and running in Park, open the hood and look for the transmission dipstick. Pull it out and give it a wipe. Dip it back into the tube and pull it out, this time noting the level and condition. There should be hash marks engraved to the dipstick indicating proper level. If the level is low, you have a leak. If the fluid is dark and smells of burnt plastic, you have internal clutch failure. I suggest having a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, fully diagnose your transmission issue to see what repairs are needed.