Q: Question about buying radiator for 1999 ford ranger v4 2.5l

I bought a 1999 ford ranger that came with a 1994 v6 ranger radiator installed in it, but my ranger is a l4 2.5l. The v6 radiator it has right now is leaking and I have to replace it, do I buy the v6 one or do I buy the l4 2.5l that goes on my 99? The problem with the 99 l4 2.5l radiator is that is has an inlet and outlet for a transmission cooler, but my 99 ranger doesnt have a transmission cooler. So which one do I buy?

Hi Javier. Thanks for the question today. In cases like this, you want to replace what you currently have active, as it’s possible that the previous owner has removed the OEM transmission cooler, which may be the reason for the different radiator being used.