Q: How can I tell what amp my alternator is?

I need to buy a new alternator tomrrow because my bearings are going bad do to it being ran rough until i gave it a tune-up but my pulley on the alternator is going bad. I need to buy the whole thing because i am not trying to rebuild an alternator for the pulley even though the pulley itself is good. How can i determine its amperage to know which one to buy.

Hey there. You should have a stamp on the alternator with a part number and amperage. The part number that starts with F3UZ is the 130 amp, and the F1TZ is the 95 amp. You can use either one. If you need help with sourcing or installing the part, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your location to replace the alternator for you.

3. How can I tell what amp my alternator is?