Q: Auto transmission is not going into overdrive.

asked by on February 02, 2017

Auto trans not going into overdrive is there a sensor or relay for that

Hi there. The transmission may have burnt clutches in the overdrive clutch pack. The solenoids for this transmission would not go out without effecting more gears. Check the fluid to the transmission and see if it is dark red or black. If the fluid is dark red or black, that is an indication that the clutches are slipping making the oil burn. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission.