Q: I am missing two bolt on my transmission will it damage it ? and from the transmission to the oil pan there is oil leaking is tha

asked by on August 30, 2016

I am missing two bolt on my transmission will it damage it ? and from the transmission to the oil pan there is oil leaking I am putting like 2ins on the dipstick a day, is that the rear main seal?

The bolts that are missing should not cause a problem but they should be replaced as soon as possible just in case. The leak between the engine and transmission can be oil from the engine. It could potentially be a rear main seal leak, oil pan leak, or a transmission front seal leak if the fluid is transmission fluid. If you’re unable to pinpoint it yourself, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to diagnose the leak firsthand for an accurate repair.